This article was originally published on https://tompai.pro/computers/send-message-to-pc-screen-on-same-lan/
There’s a cool little trick to do when in a LAN (local area network) where multiple of PC-s are connected to the same network. You can send a closeable computer message to a PC in the same network as yours using only the command line.
The message looks like this on the receiving computer.
- 5 TV Shows & Series You Should Already Be Binge-Watching in 2021 | Logical Daily
- Types of Single Phase Induction Motors | Single Phase Induction Motor Wiring Diagram
- Android Multi Tools – Download Android Tools And Drivers
- How To Find Steam Friend Code And Add Stream Friend ID
How to send a command line message to another PC on the network?
1. Start a command prompt (cmd) – type cmd in the search box and run the app
2. Type the command as follows:
msg /SERVER: DestinationPC * /TIME:60 “This is the message to be sent to a PC named DestinationPC and closes in 60 seconds.”
– Replace DestinationPC with your destination PC name (see your computer network for the list of computers in that network if you don’t know the name of the PC you are trying to send the message to.
– Replace the value of TIME with desired seconds before the message closes
– Replace the text between quotation marks with the message text you want to be displayed.
3. Hit enter and voila, the message is sent.
That’s how you send a message to another PC straight to a desktop in the same network as you!
Cool little trick and fun too, if you’d like to send a message let’s say to all workers in your company or all teachers in a small school or just the kid playing a PC game to tell him/her the dinner’s served.
Works in Windows 10. Enjoy!
- How to Watch Blocked Youtube Videos in Your Country – TheVPNCoupon
- Tools Useful in 5e: Calligrapher’s Supplies 5e – Cloud Runners Studio
- Win32PrioritySeparation: Best Settings to Tweak it 2021
- Re-Loader Activator 6.6 Windows & Office Full Version 2020
- 25 Best GIMP Plugins and Filters You Can Use (2021)
If that doesn’t work for you…
If that doesn’t work for you, there’s also a handy utility called LAN Messenger https://messenger.softros.com that you can try. It’s a collaboration tool made by software company Softros that works with Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10. They also offer Android and Mac versions of the app, ensuring that it’ll work with any mix of network computers and mobile devices.
How Does It Work?
Softros designed this app for convenience and security. When you install it onto two or more network workstations, each copy establishes a peer-to-peer connection with the others. They automatically populate a contacts list based on the user accounts on the other machines, so you can start messaging with other users as soon as the installation is complete.
Step 1: Starting a Conversation with a User
To begin a conversation using this messenger app, you simply click a user’s name in the contacts list in its main window. Alternatively, you can right-click a username to see other options in addition to starting a conversation. Either way, a conversation window will open.
Step 2: Composing and Sending Messages
You can type any message you want into the bottom pane of the conversation window. Other features like sending files or sharing your desktop are available using buttons at the top. The conversation history with each user is displayed in the top portion of the window. The app stores the last 30 messages sent and received by default. When you’re ready to send a message, click the “Send” button.
File Transfer and Desktop Sharing
Softros messaging app is a full-featured workplace collaboration tool. Text messaging is its primary function, but it also supports secure file transfers. You can send individual files to another user or entire folders. The data is encrypted both during transfer and while it’s stored by the app after receipt.
This app also doubles as a tech support tool. Desktop sharing can be negotiated by sending or receiving an invitation to start a session with another user. This starts a remote desktop session that allows the other user to see and interact with your computer directly. This can be useful for solving simple troubleshooting problems or virtual training sessions.
Softros LAN chat app is a great option if you need a secure workplace messenger. It’s designed to keep sensitive data and communications secure, and its streamlined design puts common collaboration tools at the user’s fingertips. You can download this app at Softros’s website and try it for yourself.